Dr. David K. Kiptui PhD, – Ag. Director Board of Postgraduate Studies and Research
Welcome to the Board of Postgraduate Studies and Research (BPGS), Tharaka University College. The Board of Postgraduate Studies and Research is dedicated to offering excellent preparation for careers that require strong scientific knowledge, mastery of hands-on management and research techniques. The responsibility of the Board includes:
- Harmonizing postgraduate syllabi and regulations
- Admission of postgraduate students
- The administration of post graduate scholarships and research grants
- Overseeing proper conduct, supervision of postgraduate study programmes
- Admission and processing of postgraduate examinations, research projects and thesis
- The general welfare and discipline of postgraduate students
The Postgraduate Directorate liaises with various department and faculties to ensure that postgraduate students complete their theses and research projects within the stipulated time-frame.
The following courses are offered by the postgraduate studies
Masters programmes in various fields
PhD programmes in various fields
For more details check the websites of various departments
- Kiptui, D. K. & Chepchieng, M.C (2016). Perceived Teacher Counsellors’ and Students’ Psycho-social Challenges Affecting Effective Provision of Guidance and Counselling Services in Day Secondary Schools in North Rift Region of Kenya. Journal of Education and Human Resources (JEDHURE) 8 Issue 1 August 2016, ISBN-1563-0188.
- Kiptui, D.K & Chepchieng, M.C (2016). Teacher-Counsellors’ and Students’ Views on the Effectiveness of Guidance and Counselling Services in Addressing Selected Psycho-social Challenges in Day Secondary Schools in North Rift Region, Kenya. Kenya Journal of Guidance Counseling and Psychology, 6 No. 1 November 2016
- Kandie, J., Kiptui, D.K & Chepchieng, C (2014). Influence of Primary School Teachers’ In Remuneration On The Level Of Job Satisfaction: A Comparative Study Of Public Primary Schools In Nakuru Municipality And Kabartonjo Division, Kenya. Kenya Journal of Guidance Counseling and Psychology, Vol. 6 No. 1 November 2014.
- Kiptui, D.K & Mbugua, Z.K,(2008). Factors That Contribute to Poor Academic Achievement in English Language In Kerio-Valley Secondary Schools In Kenya. Journal of Education Planning, And Economic Planning and Management. 1 June 2009, ISBN 2074-5400