Dr. Denis Obote Ag. Director, Board of Postgraduate Studies and Research
Welcome to the Board of Postgraduate Studies
The Board of Postgraduate Studies and Research is dedicated and receptive to engagements for mutual benefit to the country and the graduates by offering excellent preparation for careers that require strong scientific knowledge, mastery of hands-on management and research techniques, and the ability to work effectively with the public.
The Boards mandate for research has anchored research activities in the University College contributing positively towards achieving the Kenya Vision 2030. The University College has an active Internal Research Funding (IRF) research kitty which research among the members of staff and postgraduate students. Among the core values of the Board is its quest to give excellent service to humanity include integrity, professionalism, teamwork, customer focus, passion for excellence and devotion to duty
To be an adaptive Department of excellence in Teaching, Research, Innovation and Outreach for Sustainable Societal Transformation at Local and Global Perspectives
To create a Strong Knowledge Tower of Education Freedom through Teaching, Research and Innovation for all-round graduates endowed with Problem Solving Skills in novel situations for Sustainable Societal Transformation
Department of Education ceaselessly do champion for through holistic training of students, generation, acquisition, dissemination and preservation of skills and knowledge with an emphasis on competitive Teacher Education. The Department provides equal opportunities in enhancing Seeds of Greatness among student and staff in pursuit of bigger vision of Tharaka University College.
Our Core Functions
To enhance Teaching, Training, Research, Outreach, Student Supervision, Development of Instructional Resource Centre.
Our Core Values
The Department activities and decisions are reflected by the following core values entrenched on the higher calling of Tharaka University College. They include:
- Passion for Quality, Excellence and Devotion to Duty
- Integrity, Transparency and Accountability
- Social Fairness and Professionalism
- Team work, Innovativeness and Creativity
- Passion for Environmental Conservation
- To train Competent Honest Teachers and Educationists.
- To arouse and incubate critical attitude, innovativeness, creativity and passion for truth in a just society
- To cultivate and create a repository of competent lecturers who participate in University Activities and Graduate studies
- Improve completion rate of students
- Publish papers in peer reviewed National and International journals