Dr. Fidelis Ngugi, COD, Basic Sciences and Computer Sciences
Welcome to the Department of Basic Sciences at Tharaka University College. The Department is one of the two Departments in the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology and offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Actuarial Science, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Mining and Mineral exploration.
Our programs offer high level education and research training on natural and applied sciences. The Department has highly qualified and experienced scholars, aiming at effectively preparing students to be innovative scientific thinkers.
The Department has a dynamic, vibrant and highly stimulating teaching and research environment which is achieved through a blend of highly quality students and staff who are committed to learning and scientific discovery.
Our students have access to new state of the art-teaching laboratories and are involved in cutting edge research project in our standard and well equipped research laboratories.
I invite you to explore our website to learn more about the cutting edge research and teaching initiatives in our Department.
- Bachelor of Science (Actuarial Science)
- Bachelor of Science (Physics)
- Bachelor of Science (Chemistry)
- Bachelor of Science (Mathematics)
- Bachelor of Science (Biology)
- Bachelor of Technology in Mineral Exploration and Mining
- Bachelor of Science in Geology
- Bachelor of Technology in Water and Irrigation
- Master of Science in Physics
- Master of Science in Chemistry
- Master of Science in Applied Statistics
- Master of Science in Biotechnology