MESSAGE FROM THE COD
Welcome to the Department of Dryland Agriculture and Natural Resources (DANR)
The department offers quality programmes geared towards food security, entrepreneurship and economic sustainability in Kenya. The department is offering a total of 23 programmes which ranges from doctorate, masters, bachelors, diploma and certificate. Currently the department has one full professor, one senior lecturer, five lecturers, eight assistant lecturers, three technologists and one administrative assistant. Members of staff are actively involved in research and attending conferences to always stay updated with the changing scenarios of the world. To learn more about the department and research interest of our staff, please visit our offices at the University Main campus or university website www.tharaka.ac.ke.
A world class technology driven department in learning and research.
To provide high quality education through teaching, practice and community service.
Department of Dryland Farming and Natural Resources that focuses in dry land animal, horticultural and crop farming, agro-forestry, environmental management, hospitality, wildlife enterprise & eco-tourism.
- BSC (Health Records and Information Management),
- BSC (Animal Science),
- BSC (Agriculture),
- BSC (Environmental Science),
- BSC (Agricultural Education and Extension),
- Bachelor of Agribusiness Management,
- Bachelor of Hotel Management,
- Bachelor of Science in Ecotourism,
- Bachelor of Tourism Management.
- Diploma in Tourism and Hotel Management
- Diploma in Horticulture
- Certificate in Hospitality and Tourism Management.
- We are in the process of launching the following new programs;
- BSC (Dryland farming),
- BSC (Animal Products Processing and Technology),
- BSC (Animal Science and Rangeland Management),
- BSC (Agribusiness & Rural Development),
- BSC (Biodiversity and Conservation management)