Prof. Veronica Nyaga, PhD. Ag. Dean, Faculty of Education, Humanities and Social Sciences
Message From Dean Faculty of Physical Sciences, Engineering and Technology
The Faculty endeavors to promote academic excellence and holistic transformation for the development of humanity and society. Our programmes are engineered to generate, preserve and share knowledge for effective leadership in education sector, training, research and outreach through nurturing an intellectual culture that integrates theory with practice and innovation. Undergraduate programme provides a unique experience of teacher preparation and undergraduates in human and social fields that provides sound content knowledge, educational foundation knowledge, practical skills and experiences that shape reflective practice in collegial environment. The Faculty of Education, Humanities and Social sciences offers the following degree, diploma and certificate programmes and courses
(1) Analysis Strategies: Needs Analysis, Target Audience (Learner) Analysis, Course Analysis
(2) Design Strategies: Learning Objectives, Sequencing, Instructional, Delivery and Evaluation Strategy
(3) Development Strategies: Content Development, Storyboarding and Courseware Development
(4) Implementation Strategies: Installation/Distribution, Onboarding, Training and Management of Learner Activities
(5) Evaluation Strategies: Course Feedback, Teaching Effectiveness Evaluation, Outcomes measurement.
These strategies work towards the institution’s national developmental agenda of fostering excellence in innovation, research, teaching and dissemination of knowledge for the purpose of transforming the society.
With regard to the National Development Agenda, the ODeL strategy works towards the achievement of the Big 4 Agenda in enhancing Manufacturing, Food Security and Nutrition by facilitating programmes in Mineralogy and Dryland Farming.