Dr. Abraham Tuwei – Dean, Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology
The mission of the Faculty of Sciences, Engineering and Technology is to explore the fundamental laws of the universe and developed pioneering technologies to tackle national and global challenges.
We are dedicated, through our research, to provide practical knowledge on dry-land farming, renewable energy, mining and mineral resource development. At the same time, we are training a new generation of experts to find scientific solutions to the problems facing the current and future society.
In the Faculty, we offer courses that span the science subjects: Actuarial Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Computer science, Applied Computer science, Mining and Mineral exploration both in undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
We have invested immensely on Tharaka University Solar Farm, Electronics and Instrumentation and Water Quality Laboratories, which are some of the research and teaching facilities in our Faculty. Furthermore, our staffs are highly experienced, committed and internationally recognized scholars who have contributed immensely on scientific solutions to the global challenges.
In addition, the Faculty collaborates with national and international research organizations in capacity building of our teaching staff. Finally, the Faculty has two main departments: Basic Sciences and Computer Science & ICT.
- Bachelor of Science (Actuarial Science)
- Bachelor of Science (Physics)
- Bachelor of Science (Chemistry)
- Bachelor of Science (Mathematics)
- Bachelor of Science (Biology)
- Bachelor of Technology in Mineral Exploration and Mining
- Bachelor of Science in Geology
- Bachelor of Technology in Water and Irrigation
- Bachelor of Science in Robotics and Artificial Intelligence
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Science
- Diploma in Computer Science
- Certificate in Computer Science
Tuei, K.K., & Osero B. (2015) Application of Open Source Tools and Cloud Computing Technologies in Real Time Data Collection and Analysis. International Journal of Education and Research, 3(6), 307-316.