Ms. Pauline Masaa – In Charge Library
It gives me great pleasure to welcome you to Tharaka University College, the university library is your gateway to information resources that will inspire and facilitate your research and study across all disciplines.
Library operations are automated using a library management system making it easy and convenient search, retrieve, store and disseminate information products and services. Our library offers excellent internet connectivity and efficient online access to its e-resources and digital content through an advanced set of information and communication technology based facilities
We have a dedicated library staff who will assist in every way to ensure that you reach your full potential by providing the right materials for you.Good Luck in your studies and looking forward to your library visit.
To facilitate library users access to an extensive range of information resources to enhance academic, research and training in Tharaka university college.
To carry out basic functions of selecting, acquiring ,processing, organizing and dissemination of relevant and up-to-date information in line with the mission of Tharaka University College.
· Ensure that 90% of library materials purchased are processed and made available to library patrons for reference annually.
· Conduct information literacy and user orientation on a quarterly basis to ensure 80% of the library users develop the habits of critical thinking, browsing and independent use of library resources.
· To ensure that 90%of the library users are satisfied with the services and products provided by carrying out user surveys biannually.
· To support study, teaching and research within the frame work of the university programs by ensuring that 85% of the library materials suggested by academic staff are available at the library within the required period.
Tharaka University College Library resources include the following:
- Policies (collection development policy, CT policy, Information literacy policy, rules and regulations.
- ICT facilities
- E-resources(Member of Kenya libraries and Information Services Consortium (KLISC)
- Daily and Weekly Newspapers
- CD ROMS
- Internet Network/Wifi
- Staff/Technical support for e-resources