Mr. John Kiplangat – Ag. Registrar (Academic Affairs)
Welcome to Tharaka University College. This page provides information on the Registrar Academic Affairs’ office within the Academic Division of the University College. This is an office headed by the Registrar (AA), and reporting to the Deputy Principal in charge of Academics, Research and Student’s Affairs (ARSA). The Office of Registrar (AA) has a mandate to admit new students, maintain their academic records, ensure University College programmes are running as planned and facilitate flawless execution of examination processes, procedures and standards. The office of Registrar AA, provides secretariat services to the following University College Boards and Committees:
- University Academic Board
- Board of Postgraduate studies and Research
- Board of Undergraduate Studies, Field attachment & Office of Career Services
- Dean’s Committee
- Students’ Disciplinary Committee
- Any other committee as may be assigned by the Principal, or Deputy Principal (ARSA)
This office is divided into two sub-sections headed by Senior Administrative Assistants: Admissions and Registry & Examinations and Timetabling.
The Admissions and Registry Section carries out the following duties
- Marketing University College programmes
- processing admissions for full time and part-time students
- Registration of new and continuing students
- Preparing and Issuing ID cards to all students
- Review, recommend and facilitating inter-university transfer cases
- Planning and facilitating Interfaculty transfer
- Prepare and maintain student’s academic records
- Report student’s progress to relevant stakeholders
- Coordinating Preparation and updating of students’ nominal roll
- Liaising with KUCCPS on TUC KUCCPS admitted students
- Planning for graduation, preparation of transcripts and Issuance of Degree and Diploma Certificates to graduates.
The Examination and Timetabling Sub-section has the following duties
- Prepare Teaching and Examination timetables for all programmes in the University.
- Collaborate with the Estate Department to ensure lecture halls are in good state for teaching and learning.
- Facilitate processing of Examinations as in typing, printing, packaging, and storage of examinations throughout the examination process.
- Issuing students who have cleared their fee with examination cards.
- Assisting Departments to invite external Examiners for moderation of Exam drafts and Results.