NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
Faculty of Business Studies
Education, Humanities and Social Sciences
Faculty of Life Sciences and Natural Resources
Faculty of Physical Sciences, Engineering and Technology
Why Choose Tharaka University
a) Self Sponsored Students
To join the university as a self sponsored student, follow the steps below:
- Decide the programme that you want to undertake and ensure you meet the programme qualifications stated in "Our Programmes" section.
- Click on "Apply" at the top of this web page or at the bottom of this section"
- Fill in the required information in each step of the application
- Finish the application process and submit your application.
- Once your application is submitted successfully, you will receive an email from us indicating your application ID.
- Pay the indicated application fee depending on the programme (find payment details below)
- To keep track of your application status, login with the Application ID and Password sent to your email.
Government Sponsored Students
To join the university as a Government (KUCCPS) sponsored student, follow the steps below:
- First ensure you have received an invitation to our university from KUCCPS.
- Click on login at the top of this page or at the bottom of this section.
- Enter the required login details
- The first time you login, you are required to accept or reject the programme you have been offered. Accepting the offer gives you the access to other services while rejecting denies you access to any other services.
Documents Required for Application & Registration
To apply or register for a programme, you are required to attach the following documents:
- Passport photo - a clear passport sized photo is required
- Scanned National ID - Applys to only Kenyan applicants who are above 18 years of age.
- Scanned Passport - applys to Non-Kenyan applicants
- Disability certificate - applys to only those who have some disability
- Academic certificates - at least 2 academic certificates are required. Example KCPE & KCSE certificates
Payment Option 1 - M-Pesa
Paybill Number Account Number
400222 - COOP 341973#REGNO
522123 - KCB 36164k(space)REGNO
Cooperative Bank Of Kenya Tharaka University 01129572400000
Equity Bank Tharaka University 0210277753588
Kenya Commercial Bank Tharaka University 1240985967
Family Bank Of Kenya Tharaka University 054000009982
To book a room in University hostels:
1. login to your Student Portal
2. On left navigation click Book Hostel
3. Select Hostel, Room, Bed Nob then Book
NB: Make Sure you clear your fees before booking
Yes, the University offers Credit Transfer in accordance with its exiting policy on credit transfer, from Diploma to Degree and from Degree to Degree.
Safari yangu ya kusomea shahada ya uzamifu katika Chuo Kikuu cha Tharaka ilikuwa ya kusisimua na kustaajabisha sana. Katika safari hii, nilitembea pamoja na kundi la wasimamizi madhubuti walioniauni bila kutetereka. Kwangu mimi: bila shaka yoyote, ninafurahia kupendekeza Chuo Kikuu cha Tharaka kuwa chaguo bora