Dr. Denis Obote – COD, Education
Welcome to the Department of Education
Our Department of Education is a vibrant contributor to Training, Teaching, Learning, Research, and Knowledge dissemination within Tharaka University College fraternity and beyond. We are the hub of progressive expertise in educational tenets. As a Department of Education we have made tremendous progress guided by the principles of integrity, continuous improvement of services and products, service to students, gender equity, and rational use of resources. Our commitment to a competitive-edge academics, and incubation of young innovative and entrepreneurial talents in the current generation is our blueprint. We are offering several programmes including Diploma in Education both Primary and secondary options, Bachelor of Education, Masters of Education and Doctor of Philosophy in education.
To be an adaptive Department of excellence in Teaching, Research, Innovation and Outreach for Sustainable Societal Transformation at Local and Global Perspectives
To create a Strong Knowledge Tower of Education Freedom through Teaching, Research and Innovation for all-round graduates endowed with Problem Solving Skills in novel situations for Sustainable Societal Transformation.
Department of Education ceaselessly do champion for through holistic training of students, generation, acquisition, dissemination and preservation of skills and knowledge with an emphasis on competitive Teacher Education. The Department provides equal opportunities in enhancing Seeds of Greatness among student and staff in pursuit of bigger vision of Tharaka University College.
Our Core Functions
To enhance Teaching, Training, Research, Outreach, Student Supervision, Development of Instructional Resource Centre.
Our Core Values
The Department activities and decisions are reflected by the following core values entrenched on the higher calling of Tharaka University College. They include:
- Passion for Quality, Excellence and Devotion to Duty
- Integrity, Transparency and Accountability
- Social Fairness and Professionalism
- Team work, Innovativeness and Creativity
- Passion for Environmental Conservation
- To train Competent Honest Teachers and Educationists.
- To arouse and incubate critical attitude, innovativeness, creativity and passion for truth in a just society
- To cultivate and create a repository of competent lecturers who participate in University Activities and Graduate studies
- Improve completion rate of students
- Publish papers in peer reviewed National and International journals
Diploma in Education
Undergraduate Programmes (Both Regular and Part Time)
B.Ed. Science B.Ed. Arts
B.Ed. Arts (Pry Option) B.Ed. ECDE
MED Science Education MED Curriculum and Instruction
MED Education Management MED Education Foundations
MED Guidance & Counseling PhD Science Education
PhD Curriculum and Instruction PhD Education Management
PhD Education Foundations PhD Guidance & Counseling